Saturday, February 21, 2009

Christmas Morning

I know this post if about two months late - but we did celebrate Christmas at our house this year. We hopped from house to house on both Christmas day and Christmas Eve covering both of our families, but made it a priority to be at our house Christmas morning.
This was the first year Ava knew what was going which made everything more fun for all. Santa must have gotten her letter because she got her beloved Princess Kitchen and a nice stack of homework in a fabulous hot pink desk - as well as a few other million things. It was really sweet though because Ava was very thankful for everything. Two months later I can honestly say she is still playing with her Christmas toys; and I can also honestly say she is already telling me what she wants next year! She's not spoiled or anything.
It is so funny having a toddler at Christmas time - We made it a point to try and teach Ava the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it when we do. I bought all kinds of books, family devotionals, and talked about Baby Jesus and the Christmas Story as much as I could. I know she knows the story, but hopefully one day it will mean a lot to her. God has been so good to our family and blessed us in so many ways - I give him the glory for such a wonderful Christmas season and 2008 at our home this year. To God be the Glory Great Things he has Done!!!






No comments: