Well the Bertram family has been busy this past month - and in true Devin fashion I have decided to blog about it all at once! It's crazy how time is flying by. Hope you enjoy the next four or five new posts! One of these days I will make my life easier and blog about something when it actually happens!
Friday, July 24, 2009
So one of my best friends and college roommates, Amanda, is pregnant with sweet little Eli William. She is due in September and I can't wait to meet him. The honest truth is that one of Amanda and I's greatest goals in life is the have a successful love match, and unfortunately in all of our match making we have not had a successful match. However, that is until now! We have saved the best match for our children!!! We have arranged a marriage for Reece and Eli - they just don't know it yet - but they are going to loooooove each other!!!
Posted by The Bertram's at 10:24 PM
Reece turned 4 months old on July 4th. Reece your daddy went all out - we took a trip to Florida, had a concert, and a huge fireworks display ALL for your 4th month birthday! I can't wait to see what he does for your 5th month!
Here is what you have been up to:
Weight - 13lbs 5 oz - 35th percentile
Height - 25.5 in - 80th percentile
- You are the sweetest baby - so smiley, so happy, so content.
- Your little personality is starting to come out - you LOVE to squeal at the top of your lungs. I am starting to think that we are going to have two little drama queens on our hands! There are sooo many similarities between you and your sister.
- You recognize certain faces and voices
- Sleep 12 - 13 hours at night, go to bed between 7 and 7:30. Usually wake up about 8:30
- Nap in the morning at 10:30 for a few hours, and again in the afternoon around 3.
- Love love love to chew on your finger
- Love love love your baby Einstein mat with the flashing star that plays music. You start smiling and laughing even before I turn it on.
- like to sit in your bumbo
- Usually eat 6 oz at time - about 4 times a day
- Think Kobe (our dog) is pretty funny
- Still love to be swaddled real tight when you sleep
- wear a #1 diaper
- Are just the most Perfect gift from God! Your Daddy and I don't know what we did to deserve you, but are so grateful to your creator for you!
Posted by The Bertram's at 9:38 PM
Once again my Mother treated us to a fabulous family vacation in Seaside Florida. Thank you sooo much Peaches. We had a blast! We were there about 11 days over the 4th of July week. Seaside is Steven and I's favorite place in the world -my family has been going there since I was little and Steven has been coming with us since we first started dating - now we are married with two children and still going! It's such a great place - you park your cars and don't really get back in them. Our main mode of transportation was a bike! Ava would ride in the wagon behind my bike - and thank goodness for the wagon because we could load it up with all of our beach necessities. Reece rode with Steven in the baby bjorn in his bike. Good thing he never crashed! ha!
Ava was in heaven - she loved the ocean water this year and played her little heart out from sun up till sun down - then she slept like a rock! We would make it to the beach every morning before Reece's morning nap and she would sleep down there. Now that we have been home for a few weeks - I am already ready to go back! I had such a hard time narrowing down the pictures so here are a few of the million we took. Most of the 4th of July pics are on Haley's camera so I will have to post them later.
Posted by The Bertram's at 8:46 PM