Sunday, September 13, 2009

Farewell to a good friend



The other night we had to say goodbye to our beloved Kobe man. Kobe was Steven and I's first pet together - we got him for Christmas right after we got married. We loved him to death and he truly was a member of our family. Ava loved him and spent the last few weeks playing "Bolt" with him. Kobe would just let her drag him around the house by his collar as she was Penny and he was Bolt! Reece would giggle at him - they spent lots of time sitting on a blanket in our living room together - she would just watch him, smile, and get so excited. He truly was Steven and I's first baby and the first grand-dog on my side of the family. When my mom would watch Ava on Mondays and Wednesdays Kobe went too - they were a package deal! He was down right naughty at times - but we loved him so much.
Kobe had such a sweet, fun, energetic personality. He loved people and was great with kids. We have so many fond memories with him that we will never forget. The house has felt so empty the past few days without him here. We miss him so much, but are so thankful for the joy he brought to our lives. We love you Kobe man!

8 comments:

Julee said...

I am crying again! This has just hurt my heart so much! I am so sad for y'all! And I really think you need another dog asap! :) I will hopefully see you and the girls soon! Miss you!

Brett and Jill said...

I am so sorry. Kobe was so sweet. I know you will miss him so much.

Kenlie Posey said...

There is nothing worse than losing your dog. Especially one that is so close to your family. I'm so so sorry. I hope all is well other than this. : ) Take care and hang in there..

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I'm so sad for you! Kobe was a sweetie! Odd that I called you about him the other night...

Thinking about you all!

Allison said...

I've been thinking about y'all all weekend. I hope that each day has gotten a little easier for you and that all of the good memories you have of Kobe will carry you through this tough time.

Rachel said...

What a sweet post!! It made me cry - I am always so mad at my two dogs and thanks to Kobe, I will love on them today =).

amywelborn said...

So sorry girl...that makes me sad!

Lindsey said...

SO sad!! that is the worst - losing our sweet, loyal little friends like that! I know your hearts are heavy but glad you have such wonderful memories of him!!